Window World of Myrtle Beach offers a variety of high performance hurricane rated products. These durable products are designed for use on homes in coastal areas where hurricanes and powerful storms regularly occur. Impact Windows and Fabric Panels provide protection against strong winds and airborne debris, diminishing costly damage to your home.
Rest assured that once you've settled on the right hurricane-rated products for your home, you're in good hands. Your products will be professionally installed with remarkable attention to detail and commitment to your happiness.
High-Impact Performance Windows
For your own safety and protection, building codes in coastal areas now strictly regulate materials and product performance for use in residential properties. To meet or exceed these codes, Window World’s High-Impact Performance windows are built to exacting specifications and put to the test, ensuring fortitude in even the toughest conditions.
High Performance Windows
- Windows survive impact of 9 lb. wood 2x4 projected from a cannon at 50 ft/sec and subsequent positive and negative pressure application.
- Tested for superior air and water infiltration resistance, proving performance during inclement weather.
- Available with ENERGY STAR qualifying insulating glass units.
- Reinforcing at interlock bolsters strength and security of window.
- Fortified with fusion-welded corners and durable vinyl made of premium raw materials.
- Built to withstand the extreme heat and humidity common to coastal regions, passing heat resistance test with exposure to 300° F temperatures without blistering or cracking.
Fabric Panels offer added protection for your home, even during the strongest winds and most severe storms. Designed to withstand flying debris, they are proven as a layer of defense for windows, entry doors, walkaways, glass walls, balconies, lanais, and garage doors. Made of 100% polypropylene basket-woven fabric, these panels enhance peace of mind during some of the toughest times to be a homeowner.
- Rated for category 5 hurricanes.
- Diffuse wind velocity by up to 97%..
- Reinforced corners add extra strength where wind is most severe.
- Can be installed in minutes per opening.
- Optional zipper application can be added for emergency egress.
- Translucent from the inside for light transmittance.
- Require minimal storage space when not in use.
Don't see the product you're looking for? Contact us for more information.